January 5, 2010

that Country Living lampshade

I saw it and gasped. I really liked it. Without a doubt I knew I would be making it. Easy, easy but time consuming.

040
Don’t be fooled by the cover. That lamp may be $39.99 but the lamp SHADE is another $59.99!

Here’s my version…..

033

Pretty, huh?

I found a much less expensive shade at Garden Ridge and used a 40% coupon to get the stencil at Michael’s. The paint is some leftover from something else. And I improvised by dabbing on the paint with a wadded up napkin rather than a sponge.

Perfect? Nah.

I kind of like how the paint is thick in parts and thin in others. It really shows when the light is on.

037

Jacob really likes it. Before I went to bed last night, I admitted I liked it but didn’t love it like I thought I would. He said that didn’t matter because he liked it.

Linking up to DIY day at A Soft Place to Land because you can SO do this yourself!

DIY Day @ ASPTL

7 comments:

  1. Oh this is turned out fabulous. What a great idea. I have a few lamps that I need to "dress" up.

    Thanks for the insperation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks STUNNING with the dark blue wall. awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa, I love it. Make me one? You're crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great!! And I love that red houndstooth on the ottoman.
    -Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great! i had the same idea when i say this month's issue. the pillow and the lamp!! maybe when i'm off this spending hiatus!

    ReplyDelete