January 7, 2010

oh, brother

*for my sister, Jennifer and other brother, Timmy
 P4055326
Jonny – that’s what I call him. He is now 22, as of this last Sunday. 

When he was little his nickname was Bruiser.

jonathan tim
 
He’s goofy. He’s smart. He’s charming. He LOVES his nieces and nephew. He’s good with animals. He hates onions, celery, and mushrooms.
 
019 
He’s also hurting. Physically and spiritually.
 
010
A week ago, he lived just around the corner from me and Jacob. Less than 1/2 a mile. He would pop in randomly. Sometimes to come cook cornbread because his oven didn’t work or sometimes just to play with the dogs. He would come here to take showers when his hot water heater went out. He would just stop by and shoot the breeze.

lavender203
For the next 6 months, he will be living 20 minutes away. I am both glad and sad. His apartment before was a dump and it was getting worse. His apartment now will be more dependable but I am not so sure about his roommate. 

P3313762 
Sometimes I feel like Jonny’s mother more than his sister. Or maybe I am just a big sister and I feel like that because he has no mother. He was 10 when our mother passed away and 20 when our dad died. I wonder what he would be like without those completely life altering circumstances. Oh well. I cannot dwell on that.
 
016
I know he has a heart of gold. I know God works wonders. I know prayer works. Now, if only I would remember that every night.


Jennifer, quit crying.

1 comment: