March 11, 2010

monkey bread

i make this every once in a while for our Bible class breakfast. we had something similar on Christmas morning when growing up. it is pure cinnamony, sugary, buttery deliciousness.  oh, and easy too.

first, you cut canned biscuits into quarters.
065

then, let them go for a swim in butter. 066

next, toss them in the cinnamonny, sugary mix.
068

finally, you pile them in a bundt or tube pan.070

it’s SO good. not that good for you but SO good. 

157
monkey bread:
2 cans of pillsbury Grands! refrigerated biscuits
1 cup white sugar
2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a bundt or tube pan.
2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake a few biscuit pieces at a time in the sugar cinnamon mix. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan.  Arrange pecans in with the biscuits pieces as they are placed in the pan. 
3. Melt margarine and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Let boil for 1 minute. Then pour over biscuits.
4. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and turn over onto serving plate.

Enjoy!

oh, and this week is really kicking my rearend. is this the lion part of March?

2 comments:

  1. I heart monkey bread!! My mom used to make it all of the time, but it's been awhile since I've had it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.. I can not even tell you how excited I am to see this post.. My old high school boyfriend's step-mom used to make this for us when I was a teenager. I have often thought of it and how much I TOTALLY LOVED it.. I can not wait to make some... THANK YOU thank you, ThankYOU....
    Staci

    ReplyDelete