March 1, 2010

curry schmurry

I don’t know why but in college we often added “sch” to the beginning of words after saying the original word. For instance, my name became Candace Schmandace.

That snippet is totally unrelated to the post save the fact that it further explains the title. Now, to explain the curry part of the title……

curry chicken salad 

Our recipe is adapted from Paula Deen’s Curry Chicken Salad but tweaked because I can’t leave well enough alone.

Here is our version:
2 lbs of chicken breast, boiled and chopped
1/4 purple onion, finely chopped
1 cup of green grapes, measure then cut in fourths
3/4 cup of mayonnaise
2 T soy sauce
1 T lemon juice
2 t curry
1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)

Mix together and love every bite! We are on our second batch in a week.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delicious! No wonder I was thinking about buying grapes last night lol. I'm going to have to give this recipe a try! Thanks, Karen

    ReplyDelete