November 27, 2009

early thirty

Yes, we got up and went shopping this morning. Yes, we got up before the crack of dawn. Yes, we were armed with coffee and sale papers. No, we did not spend all day out shopping.

I woke up about 3:30am and could not go back to sleep. I was still debating whether or not to go even at this point.

002
We left the house at 4:30am and headed to Target. We got there about 4:45 and the line was insane. See?

005
I cannot believe we waited there in the cold until 5 o’clock on the dot. We passed news cameras and the anchorman as we entered the store almost single file. Insane, I tell ya.

We did get some good deals and are finished shopping for everyone except for one niece. This year we decided to try and lump presents together for each family. Buying for 10 nieces and nephews individually can get a little overwhelming.

We were out of Target and packing the stuff in our car by 5:30am. I am glad we went and were some of the “crazy people” out. I figured we saved a bunch of money and time.

My sleeping and eating schedule is totally out of whack today though. Hope that doesn’t turn me into the Grinch!

Dear Saturday morning, please do not try to wake me with your bright cheeriness. It will only make me more irritable to force awakeness. Dear body clock, please revert to my childhood when you did not chime until noon. Dear Christmas tree, please jump out of the attic and have yourself decked out by the time I wake. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment