May 13, 2012

shiny shoes and the best card ever

How was your Mother's Day? Mine was pretty good. 

It started off with me giving Jacob grief about not saying Happy Mother's Day. (I can be a jerk in the morning!) Then, I helped keep the nursery during worship service. Chloe loved clinging to me almost the entire time. It didn't really bother me that much though. An absolutely thought-provoking Bible class followed. 

After church Jacob surprised me with some new shiney shoes. They are my first pair and I like 'em. So comfortable. 

Shiny shoes

We ate lunch with Jacob's family and enjoyed spending the afternoon with them. His mother and grandmother are among the sweetest souls on earth! 

After Chloe woke up from her nap, Jacob surprised me with his very own homemade Mother's Day card. He even hand wrote the poem on the inside. 

Mothersdaypoem

In case you can't read it, it says:

"What a great mom you are Candace.

Chloe and I are lost without you to bond us.

Such a beautiful girl with a sweet spirit.

Chloe told me that, I know she means it. 

Sometimes overwhelmed and a little crazy

Normally my fault when I get a little lazy.

Cleaning, teaching and cooking on the oven

All these action show how much you loven.

Chloe and I love you, we know you are the best

Maybe this summer you can get some rest.

Happy Mother's Day, we are stuck to you like glue.

We're ok with that because we love you. "

 

Isn't that so stinkin' cute and hilarious? I think it is the best Mother's Day card ever made! I am so blessed to have both Jacob and Chloe and cannot imagine my life without them. I think that is what Mother's day is all about - remembering why being a mother is so important. It's because you are loved and get to give love in return! 

These two make me so happy and make me want to love more!

Babychick

Happy Mother's Day to you!

5 comments:

  1. So sweet.....you are blessed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about that! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! happy mothers day! you are incredible. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for good dads and husbands! And for the terrific women who inspire them. :)

    ReplyDelete