June 20, 2010

Happy Father’s Day!

IMG_5250v3-1

I miss my daddy! I cannot believe it has been two years since he passed from this life. I think about him every day, not just today.

It is not a sad day. It is a day of good remembrances. Like the Father’s day we spent the afternoon sneaking into new construction houses of the multi-million variety just to gawk. Or good memories like the one where Jacob and I took him to Zaxby’s and he said he was going to steal crepe myrtles from the Methodist church to propagate in his yard – he liked the color. He was a goofy man and I truly miss that about him. I quite liked that our Father’s Days the last few years of his life were mine and his day – circumstances just always led to that. It was good for us.

From now on, today will be a day to celebrate Jacob’s new role in life. I cannot wait. I know Daddy would be proud of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment