August 26, 2009

Wonderful Grateful


In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.
We do not know what we ought to pray for,
but the Spirit himself intercedes for us
with groans that words cannot express.
-- Romans 8:26


It has been several years now that I have received a verse with a little devotional thought in my email everyday. When I worked in an office everyday, it was one of the first things I read each morning. Nowadays, I sometimes delete the email without reading the scripture. I am glad I opened and read today's verse from Heartlight above. This one hit me hard this morning and needed to read it again.

There are things Jacob and I have been praying for lately and sometimes we just do not know what to say. He knows though. I am so very thankful for a God who created a way to fill that gap between my feeble, finite thoughts and His infinite power.


What wonderful aspect of God has impressed you lately? I am curious, so leave a comment telling me how God has revealed Himself to you in recent days.

image taken by Yours Truly on a recent escape to Dauphin Island, AL

1 comment:

  1. For me, I've watched too much news lately. I don't have tv, but see the news on the internet. Then I start getting fearful of all that's going on in the world. The only good thing that does for me is it drives me back to the Word, to the Lord, to His Promises. I have been aiming lately to think on all those good things, those pure and lovely things, that He has already told me to think on.
    I've sure been encouraged by your blog! Thanks so much, Karen

    ReplyDelete