May 19, 2009

"I'd rather be yard saling"

Okay, so I have kind of forgotten that I graduated this past weekend. I am officially a Master of Education, or at least I have a crinkled piece of paper that says I have earned a Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction. Yay for me!

Remember the other day when I said I would rather go yard saling than go to my own graduation? Well, maybe the day would have started differently had that not been the case. It really is all in a state of mind. Saturday morning did not get off to a good start. Here's a basic run-down of events.

1. Had my head too far into shower when turned the icy cold water on - nice extra wake up call of freezing water dripping down my face. It actually took my breath away.

2. Next, moved Jacob's wedding band that he had left in the shower. Drain strainer was not over the drain hole for some reason and ring goes rolling the length of the bath tub right past me and straight down the drain.

3. Made it to the gym early (highly unusual for us). Whew!

4. Made a friend in the line up that happens to be a member at the church where we worship.

5. Heard nothing but my heartbeat as I walked to be hooded. (Why do I have a sudden fear of being in front of people?)

6. See picture below.

Hubby thinks it is hilarious that I am about to blow away due to all the silly regalia
catching wind in the storm that just blew into town.

Okay, no one is laughing any more. It got worse but we quit taking pictures.
BFF's mom jumped into the car.

Now you know why I have a crinkled piece of paper that says I have earned a Masters of Education Degree in Curriculum and Instruction. Yes, it got soaked too, and as if I haven't paid enough money over the last three years, I now have to pay $20 to replace a piece of paper. Anyways, I'm done. Whoo-hooo! I really am more excited than the picture shows even if I didn't get to go yard saling.

No comments:

Post a Comment